Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
empirefalls
Level 7

[Resolved] - You Tube live stream channels Shuts off after 10 minutes...

I watch live stream Channels on You Tube for hours.
Lately, the live stream channel will shut down after about 10 minutes. 
I checked You Tube settings, there is no timer feature that may be the case.
Roku Ultra
????

On the other tv in the house, the Live stream channels do not do this
Roku 4
0 Kudos
4 Replies
empirefalls
Level 7

Re: ISSUE: You Tube live stream channels Shuts off after 10 minutes...

SOLVED

I uninstalled You Tube
Rebooted 
Re installed You Tube 
SOLVED
0 Kudos
Albert71292
Level 7

Re: SOLVED: ISSUE: You Tube live stream channels Shuts off after 10 minutes...

I've had that issue with TWiT Live on YouTube on Roku. I've went through all the steps you mentioned, no change. Seems to happen sporadically though. Some days it's fine, other days I have to restart the stream every 15 minutes or so because it stops. Other live broadcasters on YouTube don't have the issue for me, just TWiT. Have the Roku Ultra, hardwired.
0 Kudos
2ovrit
Level 7

Re: [Resolved] - You Tube live stream channels Shuts off after 10 minutes...

Deleting, resetting, reinstalling- NOTHING has helped this problem at my house on Roku Premier and Roku Ultra. Only live streaming channels are affected. Kicks back to another screen in 15 minutes. Found one live stream that occasionally doesn’t do it, but all the rest I’ve tried do. Very frustrated.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: [Resolved] - You Tube live stream channels Shuts off after 10 minutes...

Thanks again for sharing your observations, here. We've escalated this issue to the channel partner and requested that they take a look to see what may be causing the issue. I'll provide any further updates as we hear them. 

In the meantime, please continue to reach out to the channel provider directly to report any occurrences of this issue that you run into. You can reach YouTube support on Twitter at: www.twitter.com/teamyoutube 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos