Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wtfbruh
Level 7

[Resolved] Lynda.com App Broken. All videos give responsecode: 403

All videos go "Request not successful responsecode: 403"

This happens if I am not logged into the app, and if I am logged in to the app through my organization. 

Tried both reinstalling the app and doing a total factory reset. 

Lynda still works perfectly for me on all other platforms, wtf?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Lynda.com App Broken. All videos give responsecode: 403

"wtfbruh" wrote:
All videos go "Request not successful responsecode: 403"

This happens if I am not logged into the app, and if I am logged in to the app through my organization. 

Tried both reinstalling the app and doing a total factory reset. 

Lynda still works perfectly for me on all other platforms, wtf?

First troubleshooting step would be to remove the app, reboot the Roku, then add the app back.

If that doesn't work, it might be good to contact them. Many larger services have separate servers for different devices, meaning Roku gets the content from different servers than, say, Apple TV or Fire TV. So, contacting the service provider might be in order if the previous steps don't work. Bruh.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

Same problem for me. Wonder if it's around the name change away from Lynda to LinkedIn Learning solutions or whatever. 
0 Kudos
ohman
Level 7

I have same problem and about a week or two ago it was working fine. So I'm sure that something must have been changed for the past week or so, which broke this App. Have anyone here able to figure it out and fix this problem? I tried the suggested approach to uninstall the app, turn off Roku, wait for a minute then re-install it again, but it didn't help.
0 Kudos
Nastizzy
Level 7

Hey guys,

You're not crazy. I contacted Lynda and this is a known issue they're having. And their engineers are working on fixing it.
0 Kudos
newfarmer
Level 7

Same problem here. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Was working until recently.
0 Kudos
bradaker
Level 7

Well, it's 2 weeks later now and this problem still exists. Cant watch any of the Lynda videos on Roku because of this 403 error.
0 Kudos
Atommiller
Level 7

Same problem here. Lynda.com app on Sharp LC-50LB481U Roku TV 5318X. The app seems to work fine and appears logged into my account, but as soon as I try to play any video it says “Request Not Successful” responsecode: 403. I removed the Lynda app. Updated Roku to 8.2.0 - build 4170-13, reinstalled the app, logged in (organization type account), and problem persists. iPhone app plays videos no problem. Thought I’d screencast from my phone to Roku, but that’s broken too. The screencasting icon (upper right when in landscape mode) does nothing when touched. Same icon in YouTube brings up screencasting menu of available devices. Well I just wasted a lot of time on this. Hope this info helps someone.
0 Kudos
Atommiller
Level 7

From Lynda.com support 12/2/18:
Thanks for contacting us about this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have confirmed the issue and have escalated it to our Technical Escalations and Engineering teams for investigation. At this time, there's no estimate as to how long it might take to resolve. We'll do our best to provide progress updates as they become available.
0 Kudos
tomanizer
Level 7

It is two weeks later now and it's still not working. Roku can you please update why it is not working and what is done to fix this?
0 Kudos