Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMILY1543
Level 7

[Resolved] - Error Code on Spectrum TV app

I recently subscribed to a Spectrum TV package and added the app to my Roku 3.  It was working fine until yesterday, as were all the other channels I subscribe to
Yesterday when I tried to get on, it gave me an error message with an RLC 1000 code
I talked to Spectrum support who first had me delete and then reinstall the Spectrum TV app.  But it still didn't work .. he told me the error code indicates an IP that is "out of the house" and when we looked at the IP address in ROKU settings, he said that number was the issue.  HOWEVER .. all the devices are within a few feet of each other, and have not moved, and all the other channels I subscribe to, including Netflix, Amazon Prime etc, work 

When he had me set up the ROKU directly to the Spectrum mode, bypassing the router, the IP address was different and the Spectrum app worked.

He wanted me to check with the router (Linksys) but their support found nothing to indicate a problem

There is no Roku support for my device.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
ghb51
Level 9

Re: Roku3/Spectrum TV app

Try power cycling your modem, router and Roku all at the same time (meaning unplug all 3 for 30 seconds or so), then plug back in with this order - modem>router>roku, let each device fully boot before plugging the next one in, hopefully that will refresh all your connections, i occasionally had the same problem with Spectrum and that usually fixed it.
0 Kudos
EMILY1543
Level 7

thank you.  that did not work, same error code
0 Kudos
frankkasten
Level 7

Spectrum's incompetent, dishonest tech support drove me to finally become a cord cutter - not to save much money but to simply get access to my favorite channels on all four of my TV's. I never had any particular problems with Spectrum's internet or box on my main TV. Their ROKU app that I depended on at three other TV's was horrible. It's important to understand that when a Spectrum CSR tells you that they're transferring you to Tech Support you're really being transferred to a second level CSR. Their job appears to be to throw issues over the curtain to actual technical people who are unable to get their app to work in the environment it's supposed to work in. The phoney "tech support" CSR passes their excuses to you and ultimately tells you the problem is at your end.
0 Kudos
EMILY1543
Level 7

well.. the Spectrum TV app is working now.  I got a robocall that the "outage" had been fixed.  The first person I spoke to said there was an outage, but no one else in my neighborhood reported it, so I didn't believe him.  The second person didn't mention the outage at all

conclusion:  it's a wonky app, and their service staff is .... um .... not to be believed ...
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 9

Yeah, i still use Spectrum internet, but i dropped their cable because not only was the app awful and always throwing error codes, you can only watch it on your home network. You might look into some of the streaming services available now like Sling TV, DirectV or YouTube TV (YouTube is what i currently use), to see if they have the channels/prices you want, they're much more reliable than Spectrum and you can stream off your home network.
0 Kudos
NightHawk
Level 7

Last month I called Spectrum to reduce my internet+TV bundle to internet only.
They offered a free one week trial with their Spectrum TV option using their internet app, which gives you the local channels plus 10 other channels of your choice (after the trial it was $25/mo).
So I tried that but cancelled it after a few days and am now just Spectrum internet only for $66.99/mo with no taxes or fees!

The Spectrum TV app with Roku or my Samsung smart TV was pretty low quality compared to others, it would start off in low bitrate with obvious low resolution and macroblocking and took a minute or two to build up to higher bitrate for medium quality - too long if you change channels often.  I tried trials with Youtube TV, DirecTV Now, etc and they were superior quality and were high quality right away starting a channel and offered more channels too.

Also the Spectrum TV app only gives you all the channels if running on your home Spectrum wifi/wired network and no cloud DVR.  No such limitations with the other live TV apps!
Roku Ultra 4640R, Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810R
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EMILY1543

Thanks for reaching out here. This type of error code is generated from within the Spectrum channel itself, and is not related to an overall issue with your Roku device. A quick way to check this would be to try launching another channel on your device and playing content. If other channels play content normally, it's likely an issue with that specific channel. 

If you continue to see this type of error code again in the future, you'll want to continue contacting Spectrum support to report the issue and request additional assistance. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: 
https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
DBDukes
Level 10

"NightHawk" wrote:
Also the Spectrum TV app only gives you all the channels if running on your home Spectrum wifi/wired network and no cloud DVR.  No such limitations with the other live TV apps!

Comcast/Xfinity is the same way. I feel your pain.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Thomure77
Level 7

RLC-1000

Roku Express + using the Spectrum TV channel, I keep getting error code RLC-1000 when trying to sign into Spectrum TV channel.

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos