Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgmichigan
Level 8

Resetting Roku

Jump to solution

One of my Roku sticks will not change a channel in the live mode and also has the wrong time and date displayed in the menu on youtubetv. The suggestion is to uninstall and re-install youtube. My question is with Roku and youtube in dispute if I uninstall youtube will I be able to re-install and not be blocked because of the dispute.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jgmichigan
Level 8

Re: Resetting Roku

Jump to solution

Issue resolved with restart and thanks for the tip on using the youtube app to get to youtubetv

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jgmichigan wrote:

One of my Roku sticks will not change a channel in the live mode and also has the wrong time and date displayed in the menu on youtubetv. The suggestion is to uninstall and re-install youtube. My question is with Roku and youtube in dispute if I uninstall youtube will I be able to re-install and not be blocked because of the dispute.

You're confusing YouTube and YouTube TV. Which are you having problems with? I assume YouTube TV. If so, please clarify. Again, YouTube and YouTube TV are not the same thing.

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
jgmichigan
Level 8

Jump to solution

youtubetv

0 Kudos
C_I
Level 12

Jump to solution

@jgmichigan wrote:

What needs to be distinguished is YouTube TV and ROKU are in a dispute NOT Roku and YouTube  the video and streaming app. And Whether or not your Roku devices charges has nothing to do with this. Please unplug your device for ten seconds and plug it back in. If that doesn't work then go to Settings>system>system restart and follow the on screen instructions. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jgmichigan wrote:

One of my Roku sticks will not change a channel in the live mode and also has the wrong time and date displayed in the menu on youtubetv. The suggestion is to uninstall and re-install YouTube TV. My question is with Roku and YouTube TV in dispute if I uninstall YouTube TV will I be able to re-install and not be blocked because of the dispute.

Note: Edited to accurately reflect the app in question.

If you remove the YouTube TV app from your Roku device, it is unlikely you would be able to reinstall it. And, if you remove it from one device, it will remove from all of your devices, even other devices without the issue you're encountering.

The problem is that the steps you're suggesting are normally the correct steps to resolve the issue. But, as you suspect, can't be done without losing the app on all of your Roku devices.

So, you may want to look into using the YouTube app (yes, the YouTube app) to watch YouTube TV.

Launch YouTube. Not YouTube TV, but YouTube.

yt-yttv-1.png

Scroll all the way down in the menu on the left. There's an option for YouTube TV.

yt-yttv-2.png

Click it.

yt-yttv-3.png

Now click Go To YouTube TV. It will load.

yt-yttv-4.png

Then the splash screen.

yt-yttv-5.png

Then look at that. There it is. You can sign in with your YouTube TV subscription to watch (I highlighted where to do that in the image below).

yt-yttv-6.png

Try that workaround on any Roku that won't play the YouTube TV app.

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jgmichigan
Level 8

Jump to solution

Issue resolved with restart and thanks for the tip on using the youtube app to get to youtubetv

View solution in original post

0 Kudos