Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crow550
Level 7

Request Go90 to create a Roku channel.

Go90: ( https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=104293

So please go here and click on Feedback & let them know you would like a Roku channel: https://membershipsupport.secure.force.com/go90/

Optionally post on there Facebook & Twitter as well. Hopefully we can see this on the Roku platform soon. 

It's been around since October of 2015!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Crow550
Level 7

Re: Request Go90 to create a Roku channel.

Anyone take a look at Go90 yet?
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 10

I checked it out. It looks like a legitimate channel, but I only recognized two of the shows, and neither interested me. I'm sure they'll create a Roku channel when they can, but with all the options I already have for content, this one isn't worth my time. 
0 Kudos
Crow550
Level 7

"mikebdoss" wrote:
I checked it out. It looks like a legitimate channel, but I only recognized two of the shows, and neither interested me. I'm sure they'll create a Roku channel when they can, but with all the options I already have for content, this one isn't worth my time. 

Well feel free to contact em and let em know.
I am currently using Chromecast and catching up on Fringe. 
More quality free content is good. Smiley Wink
0 Kudos

It's a Verizon experiment that appears to be failing. It was designed as a mobile-only competitor to Netflix and YouTube but has not taken hold. Most of its employees were laid off in January, and it's now being passed around among several divisions of the company as they try to decide whether to kill it.
0 Kudos
Crow550
Level 7

It would have more exposure if they put it on streaming devices. Smiley Tongue

That's a bit sad though....
0 Kudos

This is often a problem in the tech industry. They put the marketing in the hands of people who might be good at tech but don't know what they are doing in terms of consumer marketing and then when the product fails they all act like they don't know why. Having a Roku "channel" is an obvious move. Frankly, it takes a special kind of stupid to have a streaming service that doesn't work with streaming devices. GO 90 is a great service. It has stuff you can't find anywhere else. They just need better marketing.
0 Kudos
RL7836
Level 7

"Brandonmmagoon" wrote:
It has stuff you can't find anywhere else.

The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) uses Go90 for their streaming. Afaik, it's not available elsewhere.
So yes, it would be great to have a Roku channel for Go90.
0 Kudos