Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bormes
Level 8

Replacing old Roku model with new Roku model affect on Spectrum App

I have an older, basic Roku player that I want to replace with a new streaming stick +. I currently have the spectrum app and am able to watch it with my old Roku player and will continue to stream Spectrum as long as I don't remove their App.  I spoke with a spectrum agent to find out if I replace my old Roku player will it affect my ability to play the spectrum app. They said they didn't think it would be a problem, but that I should check with Roku. Does anyone know if my replacing my current Roku player will mean I can no longer stream Spectrum from their app. I would simply be adding a new device without removing any of my streaming apps.

2 REPLIES 2\
Debnova51
Level 7

Re: Replacing old Roku model with new Roku model affect on Spectrum App

I need this answered as well. I am Not very technically sharp ( lol ) and am trying to find a fix. I bought a new Ultra and want to replace older roku. I can add the hardware,  but don't know after that. Are my old apps going to connect? etc.  ugh. I will post my own question soon.  Be well, hope u get a fix.

0 Kudos
bormes
Level 8

Re: Replacing old Roku model with new Roku model affect on Spectrum App

I replaced my old model Roku with a newer model and was able to view all of my streaming apps including Spectrum. I added the new model to my Roku account and set it up on my tv to make sure I was able to view all of my apps and then removed my old model from my account. As long as you don't remove the spectrum app, it will work with your Roku model upgrade. Hope this helps.