Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kellymarie86
Level 7

Reorganising channels on live tv to appear in a certain order

Can anyone please tell me how to reoganise channels and their numbers on live tv channel list? I have been able to hide ones I do not want but I am lost as to how to reoganise the channels! E.g. all BBC channels first then ITVs etc

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Reorganising channels on live tv to appear in a certain order

Are you referring to the OTA channel list on a Roku TV? For that, the answer is no. You can hide unwanted channels, but you can't alter the list in any other way. Roku has a Favorites function, but you can't manually designate a channel as a favorite. For some inexplicable reason they removed that ability and the software determines a "favorite" based on how often you watch a channel. Many complaints, but they haven't changed it.

If you are referring to Live TV within an individual channel, it may or may not be possible, depending on the channel. I believe there's a Live TV function within The Roku Channel, but to my knowledge you can't change anything there either. I just checked TRC, and the only thing I can see you can do with Live TV in there is to view all channels or recent channels. No ability to hide them or change the order. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Rbcleary
Level 7

WTF! My new Roku TV just changed my OTA channel order to most watched instead of by channel number. There is no way to fix this! Very annoying! :-(

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Rbcleary wrote:

WTF! My new Roku TV just changed my OTA channel order to most watched instead of by channel number. There is no way to fix this! Very annoying! :-(

Disable Favorites in the Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV menu. I'm not in front of one of my Roku TVs at the moment, so I can't say exactly where that setting is. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos