Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Your ROku could not be registered for playback

I rented a movie tonight on Fandango NOW and they took my money but won't let me watch the movie because of some incomprehensible error message they don't bother to explain at all. And your FAQ, of course, doesn't cover it because FAQS are absolutely USELESS.

Playback Failed

Your Roku Couldn not be registered for playback. It is already registered to another account. Unregsiter your device from that account or call FANDANGOnow customer service for assistnace.

'course there is not anybody to call. annd nothing in the useless FAQ on how to do what is says.

FAQs only deliver garbage. I hate FAQs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Your Roku could not be registered for playback

The first thing needed is your Roku model number (not just the name). But it does sound like the problem is with Fandango, not Roku. If that is the case, you need to contact Fandango. Roku only provides the hardware platform, and does not offer support for the channels that use the platform, other than the two channels that they themselves offer (Roku Media Player, The Roku Channel).  

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos