Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Rented movie on FandangoNOW and it is not in my Movie Library

I rented the new Star Wars movie through the FandangoNOW channel last night and it is still not in my movie library. There was a warning when I purchased that it may take a few minutes to show up and if after several minutes it doesn’t appear to call. After a half hour it still wasn’t there, so I called Fandango support and they advised they never got the payment from Roku and to call Roku Customer Support. I checked and the $5.99 came out of my bank account, but I am still not able to watch the movie. I can’t call or chat with Roku Customer Support due to the situation. The website doesn’t provide a Roku support email address, so I guess this is the only avenue I have to get this resolved.

11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

No fix to make fandango now work?

I know that the channel app for fandango now is gone but I am unable to access anything in the fandango now movie library via the menu option. It always says it can not load try again later. I have tried everything (adding through roku website then updating system still not there, logging out then back in, i even factory reset my roku and redid everything but still nothing. How do I access fandango now? I have contacted them and they say everything is good on their end. I have movies paid for that I can not watch because I can not access them and all fixes i see have not worked. Can someone please help? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku ripoff

Ordered a movie Saturday night through fandango on roku.  My young daughter was excited to watch trolls. Never was able to watch it.  Roku acknowledges the error and I’ve asked for a refund over the last several days.  I’ve been emailing support but their first response said that there were trying to resolve the issue and I asked for a refund on Monday and not no response.  Emailed them again on Tuesday no response again.

I understand they may be busy, but communication should not be that hard.  At this point I’m just chalked it up to a loss.

Is there a way to have no credit card on file with Roku.  I want use them for a purchase again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku ripoff

Good luck getting a hold of anyone.  I understand it's a pandemic and I'm not looking to be a child, but update your email to list realistic times that people can expect to here back.

I don't think I'll ever get my money back.  I probably won't purchase another Roku product again.  I definitely won't buy anything off a roku again.  Firestick worked great with not issues.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku ripoff

That will work for their problem.  I ordered the movie through fandago, but it never showed up in my library and fandago can't help because roku never communicated the purchase.  Roku charged me and won't refund my money even though they acknowledged the error.  

Roku support emailed me this 

"Thank you for contacting Roku Customer Support

We understand that you rented (Trolls World Tour) but it is not showing on your Movie library. Please be informed that we are aware of the issue and working with the channel partner for resolution. We will be notify you once we have any update.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Still no response days later... I just asked for a refund.  I've rented the movie elsewhere.  I'm not going to make my young daughter wait for a month to watch an on demand movie.  I just want a refund, but they haven't refunded since Sunday.  

[post edited]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Rented movie on FandangoNOW and it is not in my Movie Library

@sidekicklink @e50m @Hem20 

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please be aware that we are currently working with the channel provider to resolve the issue. We will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Refund request

I purchased the new trolls movie from fandango now in my roku. It was Saturday. It never loaded into my library but I have a receipt where I was charged and the charge has cleared my bank account. I contacted fandango and they told me it was roku’s problem and contact them. It is now Thursday and still nothing but automated responses!!! I have 2 six yr olds I promised this movie to because they helped with yard work and I can’t afford to pay for the movie twice! So I look like a liar to them because roku won’t do anything! How can I go about getting my money back from them? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Refund request

Same here... Just go with Amazon they work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Refund request

I've emailed the customer advocate customer.advocate@roku.com

[post edited]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Need multiple refunds and getting no answer

I understand that staff is busy, but we are getting no answer through the support option. Any other options for getting support that anyone is aware of?  We have contacted at least 3 times to be refunded charges for a movie we never received twice and still no response.  Fandango does not see the charge on their end or would have already taken care of this!  My kids want to watch this movie, but I am not trying again until I receive these charges back and find out what is causing the issue!

0 Kudos