Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Removing certain programs

I guess this the only way I can get attention from Roku programming.  I see someone also asked why Cold Case was taking off.  I also noticed Missing Without a Trace is gone.  What's up?  My wife and I watch these programs every night faithfully.  We are older and it was a comfort to know that at least there is something to look forward to in these COVID times.  Roku programming took care of that.  Please take time and think,  the people who watch Roku care enough to let you know what we like, so please put these programs back and leave them alone.  

1 Reply
Level 19

Re: Removing certain programs

Stations like The Roku Channel, Pluto, etc. don't own most of the programming they carry so they must license their programming from the owners.  These licenses cover specified date ranges and regional showings.  These license contracts expire and get renegotiated regularly, which can result in programs being withdrawn, shifted between tiers, etc.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos