Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ImpossibleGirl7
Level 7

Removing HBO GO?

I understand that HBO GO has been discontinued but the placeholder channel directing me to the alternatives can't be removed or even moved down the list. Pressing the star button on my remote gives me an error that I'm not connected to the internet, which I am because everything else works fine. How do I get rid of the old HBO GO channel? 

3 Replies
feldm
Level 7

Re: Removing HBO GO?

I’m having the same issue and would really like Roku to provide a solution. I haven’t been able to find the answer anywhere else. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@feldm @ImpossibleGirl7 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried power cycling your device by restarting from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, seeing if the channel is still there.

If you are still experiencing the issue, can you provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LongDecember
Level 7

I am having the same issue and did the system restart as outlined above. App is still there and still not able to remove. Is there a way to delete this?

0 Kudos