Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Obi

Remove channels from just one device

Jump to solution

I'm trying to remove channels from just one device linked to my account not all my devices

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Remove channels

Jump to solution

Hey @Obi

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that channels added or removed on your Roku device/s are synced to your Roku account. Therefore, if both of your Roku devices are linked to the same email address, the channel that you'll be removing on one device will also reflect on other devices linked to the same Roku email.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Remove channels

Jump to solution

Hey @Obi

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that channels added or removed on your Roku device/s are synced to your Roku account. Therefore, if both of your Roku devices are linked to the same email address, the channel that you'll be removing on one device will also reflect on other devices linked to the same Roku email.

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Remove channels from only one device

Jump to solution

yes, we do not want this

0 Kudos
Siltlifted

Remove channels from only one tv

Jump to solution

This does not help. This is a bug. Not a feature. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remove channels from only one tv

Jump to solution

@Siltlifted 

If you want each device to be individually controlled, you need to set up each device under a different email account. (This in turn will give you a different Roku account for each device).

If you choose to do this, then make sure you order subscriptions directly from the provider and not through Roku, as only "linked" Roku devices can share subscriptions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Remove channels from only one tv

Jump to solution

@Siltlifted wrote:

This does not help. This is a bug. Not a feature. 

No, it's not a bug. For the vast majority of users, it is a feature. That's the way Roku designed their system. For the few that wish to have different channels on different devices, you simply create a separate Roku account for each device. There's no cost to do that. The only downside to this is that any subscriptions made through Roku are only available on devices linked to that account. If you subscribe to a service outside of Roku (usually directly with the provider), then you can log into that service on any device, regardless of the Roku user account. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Lockedupagain
Reel Rookie

Re: Remove channels from one device

Jump to solution

That is not helpful. Perhaps, if there is some reason the company must sync the channels, that a channel could be hidden?

This one bug basically throttles the parental control feature and makes me create another account.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Re: Remove channels from one device

Jump to solution

Some consider it a bug while for others it's a feature. Myself, I like having my channels sync'd across all devices. But I have no need for the parental control functions. That's simply my use case. 

Perhaps if Roku could consider having a sub-account of the main user account that would allow specific devices to have a different channel set. In that sub-account channels could not be installed or removed without a passcode/PIN, and allow a content restriction to be applied to only those devices. But I have no idea how complicated that might be to actually implement, and that is most likely the reason it doesn't exist. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos