Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kellyw01
Level 7

Remove YouTube as an option from streaming channels

I do not want YouTube as an option from the Streaming Channels menu (top free, most popular, etc). I have removed the channel from my feed but my young grandson has figured out how to add it back by going to the streaming channels store (he is autistic and non-verbal so I can’t explain that he’s not allowed to add it). It displays wildly inappropriate content that I do not want him watching. (I have tried previously creating an account and curating the content, setting the age, etc. but within minutes there is more disturbing content suggested). 

I would like to remove it all together from being able to be added as a streaming channel and there does not appear to be a way to do this. 

Thanks for any help! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remove YouTube as an option from streaming channels

@Kellyw01 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I would recommend setting up a PIN for your Roku account. The Roku PIN affects the ability to make purchases as well as add channels from the Roku Channel Store.

For more information about a Roku PIN, visit our Support page here: How do I create or update the PIN for my Roku account?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos