Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
B07Nintiesbaby
Level 7

Remote tips & thanks

Hey wondering why don’t we have the Roku Channel as an option on our remote I personal love the Roku Channel entire set up even the hearing of the playback while searching through your channel guide and the fact that you can some of you premium subscriptions in you channel guide line up. Wish we have visual playback and dvr to record and save shows and in love with how the Roku Channel has all your subscriptions and on demand access on the home page of the Roku Channel. Thanks guess enjoying my new Roku ultra and voice control pro remote.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Remote tips & thanks

Those buttons on the remote are not exactly there because they are the ones most used. Companies pay Roku good money to get their own button on a series of remotes. The buttons are a revenue stream for Roku. The companies pay Roku the money for the button, and the user has the button. Maybe the user isn't a subscriber. The button may cause the user to access the app, and if they subscribe, the company/service paying for the button gets a subscriber they might otherwise not have. And, if they subscribe through Roku, then Roku gets a cut. It's all money. That's how business works.

You want a button for the Roku Channel, which Roku won't do as it would remove ¼ of the potential revenue from selling name space on the remotes.

However, since you have an Ultra, you have an option users of lesser devices don't have. The Ultra comes with a remote that has two other buttons you can program yourself. I've never done it, so I can't offer instructions, but you should be able to find those easily enough, either on a video of Roku Tips on your device already, or online somewhere. Essentially, you could make your own Roku Channel button.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
B07Nintiesbaby
Level 7

Which basically does what I want anyway man I love this Roku thing lol thanks.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

I agree. Roku is awesome.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos