Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbarbagallo
Level 9

Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?

Now that CBS All Access converted to Paramount+, shouldn't we be able to log in to the Paramount Network app as well?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26\
andyross
Level 16

Re: Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?

Paramount Network app is tied to a cable/satellite subscription. It may have different rebroadcast rights than Paramount+.

0 Kudos
cbarbagallo
Level 9

Re: Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?

That might make sense.  But it's weird branding.  You would think that the "plus" version would have everything the "non-plus" version would have in addition the the additional content.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?

Hi @cbarbagallo,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Paramount Network is a separate subscription and content library from standard Paramount +. You must have a TV provider and use your TV provider credentials to authenticate standard  Paramount Network service within the channel.

For information about signing in with your TV provider, visit http://www.paramountnetwork.com/about/faq.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Imemine
Level 11

Re: Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?

Well I tried to post a new category but it wouldn't let me so this is the close I got. I purchased Paramount plus through Amazon prime. But certain series and episodes Amazon is trying to charge me a 1.99.  When they used to be free on CBS access. Things like siesta keys, certain episodes of Bull and certain episodes of Blue bloods which should all be free. Has anybody having this problem with just the Paramount Plus app? Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?


@cbarbagallo wrote:

That might make sense.  But it's weird branding.  You would think that the "plus" version would have everything the "non-plus" version would have in addition the the additional content.


Those that use ESPN+ wouldn't think that. 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Imemine
Level 11

Re: Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?

I think Paramount plus is a waste of money. Since I also pay for cable I can watch all these shows through on demand and also I can watch them when they play primetime. At least Discovery Plus takes out the commercials when you watch a show. Paramount plus doesn't. CBS all access was better I don't know why Paramount changed everything when they took over. They should have just used the same app that CBS all access had and change the name. Paramount plus is a waste of money

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?


@Imemine wrote:

I think Paramount plus is a waste of money. Since I also pay for cable I can watch all these shows through on demand and also I can watch them when they play primetime. At least Discovery Plus takes out the commercials when you watch a show. Paramount plus doesn't. CBS all access was better I don't know why Paramount changed everything when they took over. They should have just used the same app that CBS all access had and change the name. Paramount plus is a waste of money


Really? A waste of money? Huh. I dropped cable because I thought it was a waste of money. Go figure.

Oh, Paramount Plus does remove the commercials for on-demand content with their Commercial Free plan. The Commercial Free plan also gets you live local CBS streaming. Yes, CBS All Access included live local CBS with the cheaper plan, but the Paramount Plus cheap plan is less than the CBS All Access cheap plan. And, people with the CBS All Access cheap plan get to keep it, until they change plans or let it lapse.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Imemine
Level 11

Re: Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?

Paramount plus is CBS All Access. They change names. I have the no commercial plan but they don't give you all the seasons of one TV show which now I can watch via on demand through my cable. They don't have anything new like Discovery plus does. They don't have any shows that you can watch that you can't get on regular TV like Discovery plus has. Maybe they need to upgrade a little bit and do better.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?


@Imemine wrote:

Paramount plus is CBS All Access. They change names. I have the no commercial plan but they don't give you all the seasons of one TV show which now I can watch via on demand through my cable. They don't have anything new like Discovery plus does. They don't have any shows that you can watch that you can't get on regular TV like Discovery plus has. Maybe they need to upgrade a little bit and do better.


Yes, Paramount Plus is the new name for CBS All Access. And the no commercial plans are the same. So why was CBS All Access okay but Paramount Plus isn't?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos