Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Imemine
Level 11

Re: Relationship Between Paramount Plus and Paramount Network?

Because CBS All Access allowed you to watch all seasons including the current one. Paramount plus only gives you a couple seasons and makes you pay for the rest. Example siesta key. Paramount Plus only gives you two seasons and makes you pay for the third via Amazon prime or some other service that charges per episode. That's only one example.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Imemine wrote:

Because CBS All Access allowed you to watch all seasons including the current one. Paramount plus only gives you a couple seasons and makes you pay for the rest. Example siesta key. Paramount Plus only gives you two seasons and makes you pay for the third via Amazon prime or some other service that charges per episode. That's only one example.

There were examples of that same thing with CBS All Access. I'd suggest it happened on stuff you didn't watch, and now it's happening on things you did watch so you finally noticed. 

Rights to shows change. Pre-existing contracts and schedules with other services happen. Right now, it's impacting stuff you watched. 

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Imemine
Level 11

I watch the same stuff. Bull Blue bloods and some reality shows how can you give two seasons of a show and not let you see the third season. It's ridiculous. If you're already paying for a special service to have access without commercials why would you have to pay for for other seasons. Discovery plus doesn't do that. Why would I pay twice to see something that I'm already paying special fees to see. It makes no sense

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Imemine wrote:

I watch the same stuff. ...

Yeah, that's my point. CBS All Access pulled other shows (almost always because of rights issues) that you weren't watching, so you never noticed. Now, it's happening on shows you do watch, so you finally noticed this has been happening all along.

@Imemine wrote:

... Bull Blue bloods and some reality shows how can you give two seasons of a show and not let you see the third season. It's ridiculous. ...

I'm watching Blue Bloods myself. 11 seasons are available. I'm looking at it right now as I type this. So, maybe you aren't seeing what you think you're seeing?

@Imemine wrote:

... If you're already paying for a special service to have access without commercials why would you have to pay for for other seasons. ...

Again, rights. Paramount/CBS doesn't own everything they carry. And even the stuff they do own are still subject to pre-existing agreements with other services.

You seem stuck on thinking this is stuff that's just started. It isn't. I've listened to my wife complain about not all the episodes available from CBS All Access for some time. Those didn't impact the shows you watched, so you didn't know. Well, now it's happening to the shows you watch and it's suddenly a problem? No, it's suddenly impacting you where before it was impacting others. It's always been a problem. This isn't new. It's got nothing to do with the name change.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Imemine
Level 11

Got it 👍👍👍 but since I still have cable I might as well just wait till they come to on demand and suffer through the commercials. Thank you for the information. Appreciate it.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Imemine wrote:

Got it 👍👍👍 but since I still have cable I might as well just wait till they come to on demand and suffer through the commercials. Thank you for the information. Appreciate it.

Certainly, if cable is worth it to you -- it's not to me, but is to many -- then you're right; it makes no sense to pay for something that doesn't give you enough to justify the expense.

The good thing about streaming services is that there aren't long term contracts, just month to month. You can easily drop, and if the situation changes, you can easily return.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
cbarbagallo
Level 9

If I understand correctly, these issues only occur if you it through Prime?  Why not just use the stand alone Paramount+ app?  None of these issues occur if you do. 

0 Kudos
Imemine
Level 11

No it has nothing to do with Amazon. From what I understand I can connect the Paramount app through Amazon if I choose. Content is the same on Amazon as it is via the app.I just don't think that Paramount plus has the content for me personally. There's only a couple shows I watch and that's bull and Blue bloods. The reality shows I watch are just something to do. At some point I might get rid of cable but right now I just don't want to deal with switching over. I do love my Roku though because I can watch a lot of things through my Roku because I have cable and I don't get as many commercials. I get breaks which is more like quiet time which is fine with me.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Level 11

DBDukes. 

I just wanted to state before closing this conversation that I recently noticed, I would get rid of my cable if I thought that Paramount Plus showed you current episodes of shows like Bull and bluebloods but they don't you have to wait for them to add those episodes on. And complete opposite is Discovery Plus who has the new episodes of things on TLC and other networks they own right up there with the rest of the shows. Paramount doesn't do that and I think that's a real downside.

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

HI @Imemine,

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 
You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos