Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanetteRaven
Level 8

Regular YouTube app won't stay on if it loads at all

I can't get YouTube to work.  It acts like it is going to load and then doesn't or it loads then it kicks me back to home after a few seconds.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it 5 times.  I have restart all tv equipment and routers.  Every smart device I have in the house plays YouTube except for this BRAND NEW just out of the box Roku "smart" soundbar.  I see this has been a long running problem. I have tried all suggested fixes.  ROKU FIX YOUR SYSTEM!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Regular YouTube app won't stay on if it loads at all

@JanetteRaven

Thanks for the post.

When removing a channel, make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JanetteRaven
Level 8

I did that several times but the results are the same.  I see that this has been a frequent reoccurring problem with Roku devices.   Maybe you need to troubleshoot your issues with YouTube?

0 Kudos
JanetteRaven
Level 8

Now it doesn't work at all.  All channels pretend to load and kick me to the home screen. I'm returning this and telling everyone I know to buy a Fire stick instead.   At least Amazon has actual customer support instead of playing tag on message boards and through email

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@JanetteRaven

Thanks for the update.

What Roku model device are you using? In addition, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos