Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgarnett1
Level 8

Regions and Channels

So we just moved out to Germany in September with one Roku TV. We ended up buying 4 more when we got out here within the last 3 months for our kids and the guest room. Now we can’t even use the apps/channels because of the region we are in.

So we pretty much just wasted a TON of money on TVs we can’t even use the apps on because of the region we live in

So my question is, will Roku refund money back to people who just lost the ability to utilize their product because the apps are not going to work in the region all of a sudden? 
And why sell a product in a region where people cannot even use it the way it was manufactured??

Because now I have to go and buy Firesticks in order for my entire family to watch stuff on Netflix and other apps. That’s another chunk of money I would have to give up because we pretty much just got played.. Not liking this AT ALL. 

2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Regions and Channels

What version of the Roku OS is installed on those devices?

Where did you buy them? PX? Local market store?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 14

Re: Regions and Channels

When I bing or google: Roku in germany

I get a post from an Roku employee that says that Rokus aren't sold in Germany and channel support would "vary". (at the time of that post anyway which was over a year ago.) So I checked roku.com and under Europe, I could select only the UK or France, so I'm guessing this is still the case.

If a local store is selling Rokus and they don't work, try taking them back.  I'm under the impression that the EU has strong consumer protections.