Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User19

Region issues with Bally Sports app

I can't watch my local Milwaukee Brewer games because it says I'm in the wrong region, I'm in Wisconsin and I don't have a VPN, can anyone help with this.

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Region issues with Bally Sports app

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote)

Try re-installing the Bally Sports app:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(Otherwise, if you dont restart settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Otherwise, contact Bally Sports:  https://help.ballysports.com/hc/en-us

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@User19 wrote:

I can't watch my local Milwaukee Brewer games because it says I'm in the wrong region, I'm in Wisconsin and I don't have a VPN, can anyone help with this.

Thanks for any help

I suspect Bally uses the IP (Internet Protocol) number assigned to you by your internet provider to determine your location.

Where does a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ indicate you are located?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
cosmo040

I'm also I. Wisconsin and have the same problem.  It started just before thr all star game.  It works fine on my phone. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@cosmo040 wrote:

I'm also I. Wisconsin and have the same problem.  It started just before thr all star game.  It works fine on my phone. 

Your iPhone uses the IP assigned to it by your mobile phone carrier (unless the phone is connected through your local WiFi network).  Unless your local network is also connecting through your phone carrier, it gets a different IP assigned by your home internet provider.

As suggested earlier, where does a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ indicate you are located when using the same internet connection as your Roku?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
HeatherLK

Did anyone find a way to fix this region issue? I've called and emailed Bally but no reply. Our location keeps changing from Atlanta to Cincinnati 🤦🏼‍♀️

0 Kudos

Have you found a way to fix this? I still can’t watch the Braves games…..only the Reds

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Nickhbennett

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. We suggest reaching out to the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lrydberg
Reel Rookie

Everyone points the finger to someone else. I had trouble getting Bally on a Roku with Directv as the provider. That’s three entities. After Bally working gear Olin the aroku for months, I could no longer get north games. The issue is Directv. I signed up for Directv Stresming for about 5 minutes, then cancelled it. I wasn’t paying attention and it signed me up under National. I had to change it, even though I’m not getting it or paying for it, to North, to get Bally Sports to the North Region. I also had to select ATT Uverse instead of Directv…somewhere in all of that I ended up with Bally finally realizing I was in the North Region. I couldn’t possible tell you the order in which I did anything. It involved factory resetting the Roku a few times and uninstalling reinstalling Bally. 

0 Kudos