Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMPC7647
Level 7

Redirecting to Netflix app

I’ve tried every search I can think of before posting here, so hopefully someone can help- When I search for and find a particular movie or series, I click “View Options” and if Netflix is one of them, it won’t open Netflix on my TV, but rather says it’s redirecting me to the Netflix app on my iPhone. This is the only channel/app that I have this issue with, and it persists even if I delete the app from my phone altogether- in that case it opens Netflix in Safari.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
StreamerUser
Level 16

Re: Redirecting to Netflix app

@DMPC7647 wrote:

I’ve tried every search I can think of before posting here, so hopefully someone can help- When I search for and find a particular movie or series, I click “View Options” and if Netflix is one of them, it won’t open Netflix on my TV, but rather says it’s redirecting me to the Netflix app on my iPhone. This is the only channel/app that I have this issue with, and it persists even if I delete the app from my phone altogether- in that case it opens Netflix in Safari.

This is a longstanding issue with the Roku mobile app - NF content is always opened on the phone instead of the Roku.

You can contact Roku & NetFlix, but since this goes back years, the likelihood of it being addressed/changed (regardless of the underlying reason) any time soon is very low.