Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonnaMM
Level 7

Redbox channel #378 & #380 not loading

When I go on the Roku channel channel guide and list of what is playing on live tv the channel numbers 378 and 380 which are  Redbox channel, and MovieSphere it shows me the title, but never loads the film. this has been happening for the last few days. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Redbox channel #378 & #380 not loading

@DonnaMM 

When I initially went to both 378 and 380, they loaded fine.  Once I navigated away from them and back to them 378, 380, and 383, none of them would load. (black screen where content should be).

I checked for a Channel update, there was none.  I did a manual System Restart and now operating as normal with all channels loading again. (Settings..System..System Restart).  For RokuTV, (Settings, System..Power..System Restart)

Try the System restart and post back with an update.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

0 Kudos
DonnaMM
Level 7

I try restarting it it didn’t do anything those two channel store not working. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@DonnaMM 

The only thing left to do then is the Uninstall the Roku Channel, Perform another System Restart to flush the cache, and then after your Roku reboots, Reinstall the Roku Channel. (the reinstall will provide the latest version of the Roku Channel.)  

A router restart if still experiencing issues after performing the above is also a good idea to refresh network and connections.

These channels also seem to streaming fine on the Roku Channel online so definitely something going on in regard to your device, not these two Live TV channels. (per-se).

I tested on a RokuTV and an Ultra 4660.  Then I just tested online Roku Channel.  

0 Kudos
DonnaMM
Level 7

Thank you for all the information you have  given me. Yes I see them online on my phone. I can play them and I even tried mirroring them to my TV but that’s not working either, I don’t understand why. 
I will try deleting it and reinstalling it after a restart. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@DonnaMM 

Verify that your Roku is also updated to latest OS build. (Settings..System..System Update..Check Now)

For what it is worth, you can install the Redbox Channel directly to the Roku.  From within the Redbox Channel's Free Live TV,  you can access both Redbox and MovieSphere content that is playing on the Roku Channel.

From within the Redbox Channel, Highlight Free LiveTV.  Then right arrow to Movies & TV. (This will bring you to that section of the Live TV guide).  You should see 3 Redbox channels, Crackle, MovieSphere, etc.

Redbox also has a Movies & TV section (on demand that has free and paid movies), so you have to be sure you are in the Free Live TV section to see the Moviesphere and Redbox live streaming.

0 Kudos