Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Recording from ROKU Premiere to DVD

Hi folks. I just purchased my first ROKU (Premiere) and want to record what I watch to a DVD. I’m quite sure that many of you will find my techno-antiquity amusing, and that’s ok. I’m quite used to it. My email address ends in ...@aol.com. 🤣

My question is this: Is there a way to connect my ROKU Premiere to my TV by going through my DVD recorder, thus enabling me to record what I watch? My DVD recorder has  an HDMI output, but no HDMI input. I know enough that I need to send ROKU through the DVD recorder to the TV, then back out to the DVD recorder via AV cables. Is there some adapter that will make this possible?

I could also use some guidance in setting the clock on the DVD recorder, but I’ll save that for another post.

Any advice or suggestions are very much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Recording from ROKU Premiere to DVD

You need to talk to this guy @Tivoburkee 

Everything can also be shown on your computer where you could do a screen capture but I never got into that stuff with Roku.  Much programming can be saved with DVR service. DVD's are becoming obsolete

to some degree...

I used to have AOL about three centurys ago. There is nothing wrong with their email or site except now its free.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos