Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msltechie1
Channel Surfer

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

KSal, I am having the exact same experience.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

Hi @msltechie1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gmtwyoming
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

1. RokuTV
2. Only the Fox Sports app. Some others have stated that FoxNow does the same as well, though. For me, it happens every 10-20 minutes of streaming (it randomly varies). Only one device on the account is running the Fox Sports app.
3. Just the error message that is provided in the attached image.
4. Tried re-installing the app, same result. Can hit "Back", it brings me back to the TV listing, and can re-enter the app and watch for a short time before it repeats the message. Super annoying when you're watching a fast-paced sports event.

ekzrl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F 

@gmtwyominganswers are spot on. Adding to his answers:

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?

• Roku device. I have tried on three different models of Roku streaming sticks

2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?

• This occurs only for FOX related apps. I have seen it with Fox Sports, Fox Now, and Fox News.

3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?

• I have not received any error messages or codes when accessing the channel. After watching for a random period of time, minutes to 1 hour+, I get the same"You have exceeded your account limits for this service message." Acknowledging the error and restarting the stream will allow watching again for a seemingly random period of time.

4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

• For every app on every roku stick, I have explicitly logged out of my service provider link (Fios) and account. I then uninstalled all apps accross all devices. I logged out of the account and unlinked the account on the websites as well on any computer i could think of and phones.  Could there be an account logged in somewhere still, yes, actively streaming - no.
  • I then reinstalled fox now on 1 device. I started to watch a live football game. After 20-25 minutes, error message. it does not matter if it is live tv or on demand.
  • There may be a really old roku stick that was logged in years ago, but

5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

• I am seeing the exact same error message and screen as @gmtwyoming except my button is blue.
woody037
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here! Following to see if someone can find a solution. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@gmtwyoming @ekzrl @woody037

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried contacting the channel provider to see what insight they can provide since the issue only occurs on FOX related channels, it's possible that they may need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
K_N_S
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm not being rude or sassy but, shouldn't Roku contact them? It's on their platform.

But I have contacted them in the past and got a "thanks for letting us know of the issue" stock reply.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@K_N_S, would you expect Apple to contact them if it wasn't working on your iPhone/Mac? Or Google on your Android phone?  Or Microsoft if it didn't work on your computer?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Old_Toby33
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It happens to me with FoxNow app on all my roku devices, sounds like a Roku issue and a Fox app issue  i don't think we should have to contact anyone other then Roku to fix this,  really annoying trying to watch Fox and it cuts off every minute

Jump to solution

Following to see if anyone knows a fix. Mine doing this also.