Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brianjski
Level 7

Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

When trying to access Fox Sports with Roku, I have to enter the activation code and log into Direct Tv on the Fox Sports website. It says it was a success but when I try to access Fox Sports on TV, I get the message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid" No other Roku device is being used and Direct TV states we can sign into 5 different TVs.

5 REPLIES 5\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

@Brianjski 

That's definitely the service sending that message. Some services have, on their Website, a place where you can log out of all devices. I don't use that service, so I can't say with certainty that applies here, but it is a common thing.

Some services have limits on the number of devices, some have limits on the number of concurrent streams, and some have both. Logging out of all devices resets both counters to zero, and allows you to log in again and start adding devices and utilizing streams.

Some services also support Roku Single Sign On (SSO), so you may even need to remove the app, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the app. But try logging out all devices first, if that option is available on the service Website.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Brianjski
Level 7

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

I'm not sure because when we log into ESPN, through Roku, with our Direct TV credentials, we don't get that message. Also, when I was on the phone with Direct TV, I was able to log in to Fox Sports thru the computer, with my Direct TV sign on with no problem. It just really has a us stumped. 

0 Kudos
woody037
Level 7

Im having the same issue and I know I am the only one using our account. And no one seems to know how to fix it!! I have searched and emailed and tried to contact Fox and Roku. 

0 Kudos
woody037
Level 7

Im having the same problem and I know I am the only one using our account. I have reset everything and deleted the app and reinstalled but still get same message. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@woody037 

Just to be clear, which app are you using? Is it the Fox Sports app? Or the Fox Now app?

What channel are you trying to watch? FS1? Something else?

What provider are you using to authenticate the app? DirecTV? A cable company? A streaming service? Something else (what, if something else)?

What Roku device are you using? Include the model number and the Roku software version. Settings > System > About

How did you reinstall the app? Note that this lists three steps:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Any other way, skipping step 2 or doing step 2 out of order, is wrong.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos