Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brianjski
Reel Rookie

Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

When trying to access Fox Sports with Roku, I have to enter the activation code and log into Direct Tv on the Fox Sports website. It says it was a success but when I try to access Fox Sports on TV, I get the message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid" No other Roku device is being used and Direct TV states we can sign into 5 different TVs.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing an issue with receiving a message that states "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid", we would recommend the following:

1. Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

2. Signing out of the channel, restarting the Roku device, then re-authenticating the channel to see if the issue persists.

3. If you are still experiencing an issue, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
79 REPLIES 79
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Receiving message "You have exceeded your account limits for this service:Invalid"

Jump to solution

@Brianjski 

That's definitely the service sending that message. Some services have, on their Website, a place where you can log out of all devices. I don't use that service, so I can't say with certainty that applies here, but it is a common thing.

Some services have limits on the number of devices, some have limits on the number of concurrent streams, and some have both. Logging out of all devices resets both counters to zero, and allows you to log in again and start adding devices and utilizing streams.

Some services also support Roku Single Sign On (SSO), so you may even need to remove the app, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the app. But try logging out all devices first, if that option is available on the service Website.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Brianjski
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm not sure because when we log into ESPN, through Roku, with our Direct TV credentials, we don't get that message. Also, when I was on the phone with Direct TV, I was able to log in to Fox Sports thru the computer, with my Direct TV sign on with no problem. It just really has a us stumped. 

woody037
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue and I know I am the only one using our account. And no one seems to know how to fix it!! I have searched and emailed and tried to contact Fox and Roku. 

woody037
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Im having the same problem and I know I am the only one using our account. I have reset everything and deleted the app and reinstalled but still get same message. 

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@woody037 

Just to be clear, which app are you using? Is it the Fox Sports app? Or the Fox Now app?

What channel are you trying to watch? FS1? Something else?

What provider are you using to authenticate the app? DirecTV? A cable company? A streaming service? Something else (what, if something else)?

What Roku device are you using? Include the model number and the Roku software version. Settings > System > About

How did you reinstall the app? Note that this lists three steps:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Any other way, skipping step 2 or doing step 2 out of order, is wrong.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

K_N_S
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We're still getting this error every single day. 

msltechie1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Getting this message today while trying to stream a college football game on the Fox Sports app on my Roku device [the game was only on the app when it started because there was a different game which ran into overtime on the FS1 network.]  It did work if I kept started and re-started the live stream, but of course this is super annoying...

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @K_N_S @msltechie1

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

For more information about the affected channel's functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider's customer support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KSal
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm still getting this error as well on both fox sports app and fox now. Doesn't matter which streaming sticks I use on multiple tvs its the same result. I don't have multiple fox streams running either. I use directv to authorize. If I back out out of the channel and click the event it works again for a random amount of time. 15 mins to and hour or more. Over and over