Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boazman
Level 7

Re-registering Access Code frequency

I am asked to log in to various apps repeatedly.  Works for a few days then next time I go to the app I have to re-register the app. This happens with multiple apps. Any ideas how to get Roku to remember my registration?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Re-registering Access Code frequency

It might not be the Roku. It could be your cable/satellite/streaming service that you're using to authenticate.

Are others using your login to authenticate on their devices? Or you using someone else's? Sometimes services treat authentications from different locations or IP addresses as unauthorized and require re-authentication. 

Sometimes, the service provider just requires it more often. 

Listing the service you're using to authenticate (Comcast, DISH Network, Hulu with Live TV, etc) might help help determine the cause if others have similar issues with those services.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 10

Re: Re-registering Access Code frequency

It's not a Roku issue, but your video provider and/or media companies. I run into the same issues with the network apps on my phone.
0 Kudos