Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aflemi12
Level 8

Re: No delete option on “Subscribed” channel (Pubdhub)

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner, 

The problem with this is that Roku and HBO Max have said to fix crashing channels the users should uninstall and reinstall the channel to fix the problem. How is that possible when I have to cancel my subscription first?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@aflemi12 wrote:

Thanks for the response, but why did Roku get rid of the delete option for subscribed channels? This is a huge hassle, especially when Roku’s apps crash all the time. I’m not going to unsubscribe every time the apps crash.

Excellent question and good point - clearly this was a massive app/UI design flaw thats never been rectified.   I suggest giving them direct feedback about it:

chat/email/phone:    https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options     (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

Advice:  Dont subscribe through Roku/Roku Pay - subscribe directly to the service provider themselves, which allows for far more flexibility of login/authentication/issue addressing for multiple platforms.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4\
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @aflemi12,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community! 

Please be noted that if you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. However, when you cancel a subscription, the cancellation will not take effect until the next renewal date and you may be entitled to continue to access the content until then.

For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

To help troubleshoot the issue further, follow this link: How do I resolve channel playback issues? | Official Roku Support 

In addition, we offer a helpful FAQ article that walks through the most common troubleshooting steps to assist with further. Get started here: Official Roku Support 

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Regards,

Mary

0 Kudos
aflemi12
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the response, but why did Roku get rid of the delete option for subscribed channels? This is a huge hassle, especially when Roku’s apps crash all the time. I’m not going to unsubscribe every time the apps crash.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@aflemi12 wrote:

Excellent question and good point - clearly this was a massive app/UI design flaw thats never been rectified.   I suggest giving them direct feedback about it:

chat/email/phone:    https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options     (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

Advice:  Dont subscribe through Roku/Roku Pay - subscribe directly to the service provider themselves, which allows for far more flexibility of login/authentication/issue addressing for multiple platforms.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@aflemi12 wrote:

Thanks for the response, but why did Roku get rid of the delete option for subscribed channels?

My guess is that it's for your own protection and/or they got tired of hearing from people, "I removed that channel, why am I still getting charged for a subscription?".  The way it should have been done is to put up a huge, can't be missed, notice that if you remove a channel it doesn't cancel your subscription, but even then people would still remove a channel and forget about the subscription and be upset.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.