Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgr789
Binge Watcher

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working - A fix that worked for me

Jump to solution

I tried turning off Film Mode on my Visio TV but that didn't fix anything.  Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
TWelch77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Check your input settings and make sure that HDR Color is turned off. 

0 Kudos
jgr789
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Where is the HDR color in a Visio tv?  I checked the Picture settings but couldn't find anything that said HDR color.  Is there another name for this setting?

0 Kudos
TWelch77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is under the input settings.

0 Kudos
jgr789
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick reply but I can't find any input settings for the TV.  It's an older Visio TV -E420VL  Not a Smart TV either...

0 Kudos
Elie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Scott, When I switched my old 720p Vizio from Vivid color to standard.  It started playing.

Good fix

0 Kudos
jgr789
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I couldn't find anything that said Vivid color in my Vizio menu but switched "Picture Mode" to standard and could get Defending Jacob but not Dickinson, The Morning Show or anything else.  Just a fluke I guess.  Probably won't last.

0 Kudos
jgr789
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was right.  Didn't last.  It's back to "Video not available" for all shows.  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Pcf

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working

Jump to solution

For me, I had to select the option of playing videos in SD.

0 Kudos
piggyback
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working

Jump to solution

Well, after 3 months issue is still around.  In my case I don't have HDR. I have a 1080p projector.

At this point I believe this is some kind of bandwidth management issue. While at any given point I have 88+ connection it might have to do with Comcast throttling or Apple having issues at the back end.

Why? I am encountering issue during prime time TV watching hours. 8-9pm CST. I don't know if others see the same behavior: when starting a show on Netlfix it starts out for a couple of seconds kind of fuzzy and then sharpens. But not always. But during the same time I am having Apple issue, Netflix does this.

Can't believe Apple doesn't want to have this fixed. Goes without saying that watching on an Apple device at the same time does not exhibit any issues....

BTW. This is always with selected SD. in Apple app....

0 Kudos