Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chemo1lt

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working

Jump to solution

This worked for me....

FINALLY A SOLUTION!!! Just saw this posted on Reddit. It absolutely worked for me. Simply change your AUDIO settings as follows:

Settings -> Audio -> HDMI -> change “auto detect” to Dolby Digital.

No restart required. Thank you "MeatyOchre!"

0 Kudos
Chemo1lt

Jump to solution

Someone should tell "Danny", it wa,in fact, a Roku setting...  

settings-audio-hdmi-dolby 

adougherty
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Chemo1lt Did you change anything in your streaming audio settings or just the main audio setting?

0 Kudos
Tarat24

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working - A fix that worked for me

Jump to solution

I think I fixed it. Go into the Apple TV settings and go to limited playback to SD and select on. Now my videos are working 

0 Kudos
adougherty
Channel Surfer

Re: Apple TV+ playback not working - A fix that worked for me

Jump to solution

Limiting playback to standard def isn't a solution. What's the point of having a hi-def/4k TV if we can only watch things in standard def.

This is a Roku problem.

0 Kudos
Over_It
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@testuser wrote:

@potterj 

I had the "Video Not Available" issue and fixed it by changing the audio settings on the Roku. In Settings>Audio>HDMI, I switched from "Auto detect" to "PCM-Stereo" and the videos started playing fine. Hopefully this will work for you as well.

After reading 17 pages of this thread, this finally worked for me. The audio choices were slightly different for my Roku model, but I was able to figure it out. Time will tell if it holds. Thank you! 

0 Kudos
LizM

Jump to solution

I have 5 roku’s the update required a factory reset to fix the remote and now apple play does work. Great Job, isnt testing required before a major release. This is **bleep**!

0 Kudos
BarryS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Look at the length of time this issue has been around in an unresolved state!!! some of the the workarounds are reasonably acceptable and others, like switching to stereo mode is ridiculous, especially those with super-duper high end home cinema equipment. I just put aside my Roku Ultra in favor of the Amazon Fire Stick 4K as well as the recently released Fire Stick 4K MAX. A far better and reliable solution.

0 Kudos
JayElKay

Jump to solution

Danny, I see that you have been responding to this question for over a year.  If you are a live person and not a robot, may I offer this suggestion?  Telling people to reinstall (etc.) and telling people to go talk to Apple just creates greater frustration.  Apple says go talk to Roku. Roku says go talk to Apple.  Meanwhile, various users have found homegrown workarounds and alternative solutions.  Please, find a way to escalate this to get Roku and Apple to work together.  Recommend: Stop offering standard, failed solutions.  Instead, for now, after you get the ball rolling for Apple and Roku to come up with a proper solution, you could help by compiling and summarizing the homegrown solutions you can find on the 17 pages of responses.  That will save Roku users the hours of searching through, and may actually solve the problem for many of them.  If you are a robot, Danny, I hope your text analysis is good enough to incorporate some of this into your response algorithm.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JayElKay

Thanks for the post.

Despite this thread being open for almost a year, it's possible that the issue you are experiencing is unrelated to the OP as the OS that this thread was opened for is most likely not the same as what your device is running.

What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve the issue? Have you already tried to change your AUDIO settings as follows:

Settings -> Audio -> HDMI -> change “auto detect” to "Dolby Digital"
Customers in this thread have confirmed this resolved their issue.

Please be aware that channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Apple TV support directly to inquire further as they would best be able to assist with your issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos