Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Rakuten free movies offer

Jump to solution
I just set up my new 4k steaming stick + but it’s not clear how you get the code or whatever it is to redeem the free movies from Rakuten it says you get on the box and on the Roku website. Do I get an email ? I asked Roku supper and they weren’t very clear or helpful saying I had to contact the channel provider myself / directly. Not a good start or first experience tbh of customer support.....
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Rakuten free movies offer

Jump to solution

Offer valid from 4th November and limited to first 8893 new devices registered.  When signing up after linking device you were presented with a screen to receive promotional materials if you clicked I Agree then you will receive email within 2 days from rakuten to sign up and activate your 3 free movies.

Terms and Conditions at bottom of offer do state code will be sent out after 2 days of signing up (CHeck junk/spam emails) and linking brand new device but are limited to first 8893 devices.  As offer has been running for over 2 weeks you may not eligible as allocation quota may have already surpassed.

It's not the fault or lack of support from Roku, more the lack of common sense and ability to read by its New customer

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Enjoy 3 HD movies* from Rakuten TV when you buy a new Roku® player or Roku TV™.

It’s easy to redeem your 3 HD movies* from Rakuten TV. Simply purchase a new Roku player or Roku TV and set it up. During activation, be sure to opt-in to receiving Roku emails. Then, check your inbox for the special promo link with instructions on how to redeem.

This offer is valid in the United Kingdom only with the purchase of any new Roku streaming player or Roku TV at participating retailers. Valid payment method required for offer. Activate your new Roku device during the promotional period of 4 November 2019 through 19 January 2020 to receive an email from Roku with redemption instructions and 3 unique vouchers valid for one HD movie each (total value up to £41.97). Once the voucher is redeemed there will be no remaining value left.Vouchers are not for resale.Total voucher redemptions are capped at 8,893. Title availability is at the discretion of Rakuten TV. Must redeem offer by 23:59 GMT on 16 February 2020 and may not be combined with other discounts, special offers, or promotions. This offer is limited to one per Roku account, cannot be exchanged or resold, and has no cash value. Must be 18 years or older to participate. To redeem the vouchers, customer must register at Rakuten TV.For additional information on Rakuten TV’s terms of use, visit uk.rakuten.tv. This offer may be changed or cancelled at any time.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Offer valid from 4th November and limited to first 8893 new devices registered.  When signing up after linking device you were presented with a screen to receive promotional materials if you clicked I Agree then you will receive email within 2 days from rakuten to sign up and activate your 3 free movies.

Terms and Conditions at bottom of offer do state code will be sent out after 2 days of signing up (CHeck junk/spam emails) and linking brand new device but are limited to first 8893 devices.  As offer has been running for over 2 weeks you may not eligible as allocation quota may have already surpassed.

It's not the fault or lack of support from Roku, more the lack of common sense and ability to read by its New customer

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Enjoy 3 HD movies* from Rakuten TV when you buy a new Roku® player or Roku TV™.

It’s easy to redeem your 3 HD movies* from Rakuten TV. Simply purchase a new Roku player or Roku TV and set it up. During activation, be sure to opt-in to receiving Roku emails. Then, check your inbox for the special promo link with instructions on how to redeem.

This offer is valid in the United Kingdom only with the purchase of any new Roku streaming player or Roku TV at participating retailers. Valid payment method required for offer. Activate your new Roku device during the promotional period of 4 November 2019 through 19 January 2020 to receive an email from Roku with redemption instructions and 3 unique vouchers valid for one HD movie each (total value up to £41.97). Once the voucher is redeemed there will be no remaining value left.Vouchers are not for resale.Total voucher redemptions are capped at 8,893. Title availability is at the discretion of Rakuten TV. Must redeem offer by 23:59 GMT on 16 February 2020 and may not be combined with other discounts, special offers, or promotions. This offer is limited to one per Roku account, cannot be exchanged or resold, and has no cash value. Must be 18 years or older to participate. To redeem the vouchers, customer must register at Rakuten TV.For additional information on Rakuten TV’s terms of use, visit uk.rakuten.tv. This offer may be changed or cancelled at any time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well it looks like I misunderstood,.??  I thought there was a TON of FREE Stuff on this device,.??

All I Find is Pay for this ! pay for that,,.??

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've received my email with the codes, but there are only 2 codes, not 3.  I've seen the information about the deal being capped at 8893, but surely that is number of customers and not movies?  (It's an odd number either way, but not being divisible by 3 would be even stranger if it was the number of movie vouchers they were giving out!)

Anyone else had this problem?  I've contacted support, just waiting for a response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, same problem here - Whole thing looks like a criminal scam!! - Observe how the answer above is repeated numerous times and written in a somewhat demeaning way (you must be stupid if you didn't bother to read the small print? lol) - Hang on one little minute = lets check the website - Oh wow!! but,but,but the offer is still being advertised!! :shock: But don't forget (silly customer who forgot to read the small print) you might not be elligible!!!  - Also try finding something in your account settings to enable emails retrospectively :ding:  Ooooh that would be helpfull? (probably why it isn't there hohoho Happy Christmas!) Or would that be asking too much? The official response is delete your Roku account and start again! Tech companies eh!! They're sooo clever?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@nocimonorcen If you need additional help with a promotional issue, please provide more details about the exact issue you're experiencing and we'd be glad to see how we can assist further. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I disagree with everything that has been said. Rakuten has free movies constantly on its website. These can be freely watched if you are on a laptop and log in. In the case of Roku you do not even get the otion to watch free movies when you open the rakuten site, even though you should do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

if you log in to rakuyen on a computer they give you access to all the free movies available, Roku does not when you log in, it has no vutton for the free movies and only lets you see the paid for movies on the rakuten site

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@davejay69 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Rakuten support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos