Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbahab09
Level 7

ROKU stops after first commercail

I have a problem on Roku Ultra device

When in go to use the ROKU Channel after the first commercial break the channel get stuck and will not return to the program’

I need to restart the Roku device 3 to 6 times before it I can get the show to resume. 2 to 3 time before get Channel logos screen.

Then I am not able to select a channel. Its stuck. Need to restart another 3 to six times. Usually get to blank purple screen without logos after 2 to 3 times.  Will have to start process all over again. This happens only on The Roku channel. Does not happen on, sling, abc , youtube,paramount, nbc gold, tubi. This will happen 2 or three times during a 1 hr. show.

When I start Roku this  first thing in the morning watch fox on sling ok when I go to Roko this happens(if go to any other channel is ok)

I can switch back and forth.

The commercial that get it stuck are (HBO Max, CSL Plasma, Adobe, Bergger King,SIP.TacoBell) most often HBOmax Begger King, .

I only watch four  shows (dead Zone,24 ,wolfblood, alf)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: ROKU stops after first commercail

These things are just special purpose computers. Like their big brothers, sometimes you just need to restart them to get them working right, so give it a try.

Settings / System / System restart

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos