Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU problem or Hallmark problem

Jump to solution

I have had my ROKU since 2016. We signed on with Hallmark about a year later. Everything was going fine till they started promoting to get new customers on the channel. When they did I had to sign into the channel again. The only problem was I had to get a new p/w. fine. Abt 2-3 months later the same things. Two weeks ago it happened again. This time I tried to get a new p/w but each time I did and went to sign in, I would immediately get a message that my user name or p/w was invalid. I spent an hour on the phone with Hallmark and they said their was nothing wrong on their side. That leaves me to question my a ROKU. I do not have another channel that I have to sign in. Hallmark checked my ROKU for its age and to see if it was up to date, etc.  Is there anything I can do to the ROKU to see if that will affect it in some way. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU problem or Hallmark problem

Jump to solution

@chmpjf 

Thanks for the post.

We would first recommend trying to remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@chmpjf 

Thanks for the post.

We would first recommend trying to remove the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did what you suggeste with Hallmark while on the phone alone with a lot of other stuff he asked me to do. I also did it myself as well as I disconnecting everything related to the ROKU and plugging it all back in. I entered a valid p/w which I logged onto Hallmark with while online at my computer. When I tried to log on with ROKU as go the same response as before multiple times--I have an invalid p/w of user ID.  How do I sign out of ROKU. I would like to see if I can sign back in as I have no other channels to sign in to. Hallmark went through everything and I am satisfied with their effort to resolve the problem. I do not want to spend $50 on a new device and find I have the same problem. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@chmpjf 

Thanks for the update.

Please be aware that there is no way to sign out of a Roku, other than signing out of your Roku account. 

In order to sign out of your Roku account on your device, you will need to try to perform a factory reset on your device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Is factory resetting your device does not resolve the issue, it is likely an account issue with Hallmark that you would need to continue to work with in order to resolve your issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos