Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU not working with HULU Live TV

I am trying out different streaming services.  I am using the basic ROKU remote.  I access HULU live TV guide.  I select a program to watch.  I return to the live guide by hitting the down arrow.  If I try to select the same program it will freeze up and not play.  This only appears to happen when using the ROKU remote.  On my LG TV the LG remote will work with HULU live.  I was wondering if the basic ROKU I purchased awhile back is dated and needs an upgrade?  Talked with HULU, they could not help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ROKU not working with HULU Live TV

Dobczeman went out and purchased a newer? streaming stick.  The Hulu Live tv problem has been solved.  I would still like to know if I can update my older ROKU express remote. Thnks to anyone who can offer any help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@dobczeman  Thanks for the note. Roku Express models are only supported for use with standard (IR) Roku Remotes, also called the Roku Simple Remote. If you need a replacement remote, you can locate one on our Accessories site here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

You can also use the free Roku mobile app to control your device. You can see more about that here: https://support.roku.com/article/115003618767-can-i-control-my-roku-streaming-device-from-my-mobile-...

Hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am sorry if i cant find this answer, but my roku express is updated to version 9.3.0 and hulu + live tv is not searchable only regular hulu. I'm subscribed to plus tv. How do I find it, thanks? Chuck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Sorry to bother all, I solved the Hulu + live tv issue with my express, thank you! Chuck

0 Kudos