Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpalasty
Level 7

ROKU and Spectrum Streaming App Incompatibility

Jump to solution

I'm a long time ROKU user and I have a number of the ROKU products with newest being the ROKU Premier.  I just recently ended my 5 year subscription with Directv Now/AT&T TV and I'm now subscribing to Spectrum cable streaming using my ROKU.  

The problem is that I'm not able to see the entire Spectrum guide (will not scroll right) nor am I able to select Favorites nor am I able to get to the Setup menu in the Spectrum app with my ROKU.  I contacted Spectrum tech support and they walked me through the Spectrum setup process to make sure that I downloaded/installed the Spectrum app onto my ROKU Premier but nothing changed. 

Since I also have an Apple TV, I loaded Spectrum streaming app onto my Apple TV to see how that works and everything the Spectrum tech asked me to look for was there.  I could get to Settings, add or remove Favorites, etc. In a nutshell the Spectrum streaming app worked fine with my Apple TV but not with my ROKU Premier (or any other ROKU device that I have).  I'm thinking the problem is with ROKU as a result and I'm requesting assistance.  I have already performed the ROKU update, etc but the problem is still there. I am thinking that ROKU needs another software update that will fix the 'incompatibility' with Spectrum streaming issue.  Please advise.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: ROKU and Spectrum Streaming App Incompatibility

Jump to solution

@lpalasty 

Thanks for the post.

As @optikhog mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
optikhog
Level 13

Jump to solution

It's actually the opposite. Charter needs to update/fix the Spectrum app. It has has always been flaky, to be honest.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@lpalasty 

Thanks for the post.

As @optikhog mentioned, for more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos