Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelWyss615
Level 7

ROKU ULTRA does not get all channels

We have two TVs on the same internet.  One is a ROKU Ultra and one a ROKU Stick.  On both we watch Fubo TV.  Last week the Ultra stopped having a couple of channels available but those were available on the Stick.  We have restarted the Ultra - unplugging it for 30 min., which did not resolve the problem.  We deleted the Fubo app and reinstalled it but still no fix.  Any other ideas to try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: ROKU ULTRA does not get all channels

When you say it's unavailable, did the channel disappear from the Ultra home screen or is it that the channel isn't even listed? Are both Roku players registered to the same user account? Which model Ultra (there are 5 different models)?

When you deleted it, did you reboot the Roku before adding it back? That is a required step. Either use the System Restart menu function or pull the power cord for 30 seconds. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
MelWyss615
Level 7

Both Roku are on the same internet and the same user account.

The Roku Ultra is #4660x2

I unplugged the Ultra from the power source as well as all plugs.  Waited about 30 min and plugged it all back in.  After a restart I got into Fubo and the channels were still missing.  They usually are listed going to Guide and they were *ed to be listed at the top.  They are not further down on the list as well.  They are still listed in the same position on the stick.  I deleted the Fubo app and reinstalled it and they were still not listed.  I did not do a Ultra restart at that time.

Is that something to try?  Thanks

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Yes, it is mandatory to reboot the Roku after removing the channel. Removing and adding it back without the reboot doesn't actually remove anything. 

So I now understand that you are referring to channels within the Fubo channel, not the app on the Roku itself. That does sound like it became corrupted on the Ultra, and removing, rebooting, and installing should clear that up. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos