Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU TV not loading ESPN, ESPN2 etc after purchasing Disney Plus and ESPN+

My ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, SECN, etc have been working great until I upgraded HULU to Disney Plus and ESPN+.  Now when I try to get into ESPN for instance, I get it about 30% loaded (retrieving) and then I get the message Video Playback Error.  ESPN+ works great.  HULU works great.  Can't get ESPN, ESPN News, ESPNU, ESPN2, SECN.

Please Help

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: ROKU TV not loading ESPN, ESPN2 etc after purchasing Disney Plus and ESPN+

Are you trying to go into ESPN via Hulu, or via ESPN's own separate channel app?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am going through the ESPN app which has HULU in upper left corner.  Also I can get ESPN+ through the app.

0 Kudos
Level 19

@fishfun83 Thanks for the note. The bundle subscription that Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ offers that you referred to, only includes ESPN+ content. It does not include standard ESPN content. This must be authenticated using your TV provider credentials. There are two separate login options within the ESPN channel's settings, one for each of these options. You'll need to make sure to use the login option for 'Provider account' within the ESPN channel's settings. 

If you are already logged in, try using the option to 'Log out' to remove this login, then log in again. 

If you need more help from there, we'd recommend reaching out to ESPN support for more assistance with their channel. You can reach them directly here: https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us or by calling 1 (888) 549-3776

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos