Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wepon1
Level 7

ROKU Streaming to SLING TV Problem

My Roku2 is having difficulty connecting to the SLING TV server. I have contacted SLING TV first. They have made sure they didn't see anything incorrect on their end. 
We removed then added the SLING TV app. Lowered the bandwidth on SLING TV. Unplugged the Roku device for 10 seconds then plugged back in then relaunched the SLING TV app.
I can watch SLING TV from my computer on the same wifi network with no problems. I tried multiple channels while attempting to view SLING TV with my Roku and a buffering wheel comes up then it either goes black or plays shortly then goes black or causes my ROKU to restart. I don't have problems when watching Hulu or Netflix with my Roku. How can I fix this so the Roku2 can connect to the SLING TV server with no problems?
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: ROKU Streaming to SLING TV Problem

Roku 2 is pretty old. It probably is not capable of running Sling TV. Time to upgrade your Roku.
0 Kudos