Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawk431

ROKU Sharp tv no longer supported by MLB.tv.

I have been advised that MLB.TV no longer supports the ROKU device X00400UPAPOF installed in my mother-in-law's Sharp ROKU tv.  Can the device be updated so that MLB.tv will support it and, if so, how?  If it cannot, can a stand alone ROKU device that is current be attached to her tv to work around the device that is already installed?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU Sharp tv no longer supported by MLB.tv.

@Hawk431 

I'm curious as to who advised you. The MLB.TV Web page says they support Roku TVs.

Verify your Roku model number and OS version/build at Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ROKU Sharp tv no longer supported by MLB.tv.

In answer to your last question, yes you can attach a Roku device to a Roku TV.  It's no different than attaching something like a Blu-ray player.  You have to use the TV's remote to select the proper input and then use the device's remote to control the Roku.

However, I'd have to agree with @DBDukes .  I'd be surprised if there were any Roku TVs that don't support MLB.tv.  None of them are on Roku's no longer supported list.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos