Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stygshore
Level 7

ROKU Media stopped recognizing all my digital movie files.

I have a WD MyCloud Storage device wired into my Router/Modem.  Fro several years I have used it to play movies to my ROKU stick and ROKU TV.  Something changes in the last few weeks, I get a error message about Compatible Files cannot be found, and it doesn't see any of the movies I have.  

I have found posts about Codecs and DLNA and Media Server issues, but I'm not sure how they pertain to this situation since it has worked for several years, and now just stopped on all Roku Devices at once.

I have re-scanned, and hard booted the WD MyCloud drive, I have not run any sort of build updates on the ROKU or the MyCloud drive... very stumped as to why it all just quit working.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
renojim
Level 13

Re: ROKU Media stopped recognizing all my digital movie files.

You need to rule out a problem with the WD device.  Do you have any other device that can access it?  A non-Roku smart TV, computer, or phone app, for example?

0 Kudos