Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dfwbandit
Level 7

ROKU Media Player - Server Connection Error

Roku Media Player has not been working on any of my devices, All of the sudden, as of a couple of days ago, it just no longer works.

It doesn't index correctly.  

If I am able to get to one of my media files, shortly after playing I receive "Server Connection Error"

Tried resetting to factory defaults, no help.  Its worked for years before this.

Roku TV - 8.2  4165-08

Roku Streaming Stick 8.1 4145 -24
0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Level 8

Re: ROKU Media Player - Server Connection Error

Your server could be the problem. What are you using for it (where is your media stored)?
0 Kudos
dfwbandit
Level 7

Well its a simple WD My CLoud NAS drive,  and its worked flawlessly up through this week since 2015.
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 8

I would try rebooting your WD My Cloud. If that doesn't work, try this:
https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/a ... 26&lang=en
0 Kudos
dfwbandit
Level 7

renojim  you were spot on.  

THe Twonky database was corrupted  earlier in the week due to a power outage....  Couldn't rescan or rebuild the database.  Couldn't even get to the Twonky config page.

Had to do a 40 second reset, which didnt erase any files...but did set everything back to factory default.  Then the database was able rebuild successfully.
0 Kudos