Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU Media Player Channel UI

Using PLEX to stream my personal content to my ROKU TV - but upset that no gapless playback is available.

Have FOOBAR2000 set up as a media server but the ROKU Media Player user interface sucks (after using PLEX) in that you cannot do much of anything to locate specific music files without scrolling through everything.

Is there a ROKU Media Player channel being developed that is user friendly like the one used in PLEX?  Is there another media channel that can be used to play the FOOBAR2000 server?

One of these days PLEX might grow up (gapless playback) but until then  -  HELP!!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: ROKU Media Player Channel UI

I found this posted in the OS Software Release Notes for 9.3 but do not see any changes since the update.

A New Interface for Roku Media Player – The Roku Media Player channel’s interface has been updated with a new design that aligns more closely with the broader Roku user interface, including larger visuals and a new display when playing music files for viewing track information and album artwork (if available). The redesigned Roku Media Player channel makes it simple for users to find and play media files, including video, music and photos, when using their Roku device’s USB port (if available) or by accessing a media server on their local network.

0 Kudos