Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU Channel auto play

I can’t find a way to stop auto play on the ROKU Channel. My provider caps the amount of data that we are allowed and overage charges are substantial. Please advise as to how to turn off auto play. If there is no option - I will delete the channel 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: ROKU Channel auto play

Just go to Home.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Go to Home and do what? I’ve checked all the settings I could access. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Just go to Home and leave it there. That supposedly stops streaming from all Channels.

Go to Home. Then you can turn the TV off or watch a screensaver.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Clio 

Thanks for the note here. Roku devices currently offer an option in Settings>Network called Bandwidth Saver, which will limit automatic playback after a number of hours. We don't currently have a specific feature to instantly limit autoplay from one episode to another, but you can hit the back button to exit playback of any current title once it completes.

I will be sure to pass your request along to our team to share your interest in adding this feature though. 

Thanks again, 

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I agree with Clio. I want to be able to switch auto play off just like I can on Netflix and Amazon Prime.