Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwhewitt
Level 9

ROKU Channel Display Format: Do I need glasses?

As we know, Roku is moving all channels to a new display format. So far, the result is not encouraging. The text is so small that even with a 32 or 40 inch tv you have to get up to the screen to read the message! Example: HOOPLA channel, TUNEIN channel. Why? I am Far sighted. Also, why white font lettering on dark background? Text Is meant to be black! Developers, PLEASE test your screen displays before submission. Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
denhow
Level 7

Re: ROKU Channel Display Format: Do I need glasses?

I'm a nearsighted 72 year old and I have no problems with Hoopla's menus on my 43 inch TV. The text doesn't seem inordinately small to me. Black text on a white page works nicely for reading a book where you're reading by reflected light. But your TV is a light source. If that Hoopla menu had dark text on a white background, that would be a lot of white light blasting at your eyes. I like the white text on the dark grey background. 
0 Kudos