Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

ROKU CLOSING APPS AND GOING TO HOME!

Idk what to do. I opem adult swim app. Click the show i wana watch and it goes to the advertisement before it starts and immediately closes and goes back to the home screen. I deleted the app and reinstalled and it still happens. I tried other "solutions" google gave me. As well as the roku.com website . solitions such as. Go to settings network and bandwith and turn that off. Still does it. I tried unplugging the tv for several minutes and it still does it. So irritating. Help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: ROKU CLOSING APPS AND GOING TO HOME!

Does this happen with any other channel, or only Adult Swim? If the latter, then there's an issue with the channel and you need to contact the provider. Roku does not create the channels on their devices, other than The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. 

If it's happening with all channels, then more detail is needed. Exactly what model Roku do you have? Specific model number, not just the name, please. Are you connected to the network wired or wireless (yes, some devices are wireless only)?

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: ROKU CLOSING APPS AND GOING TO HOME!

I found the solution is to do a system reset, I just hate having to do it. I think the problem with mine is that the roku is powered with the usb in my tv. I assume that when I turn off the tv, the roku turns off to, but when I turn it on, I have to “reset” the roku each time.

model number is 3930X and mine is connected to the internet wirelessly. 

0 Kudos