Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streamer
Level 7

ROKU 3 stopped loading Amazon Prime

I have a ROKU 3 (model 4200X) that just stopped loading Amazon Prime app - it just falls back into the Home screen.  It plays all the other installed channels OK.  

Meanwhile, my ROKU 2 (model 4210X2) in another room continues playing Amazon Prime just fine.

Both are running wirelessly through the same router.

Did Amazon Prime "upgrade" itself out of reach to a ROKU 3?
Has Amazon Prime decided to limit itself to one device at a time?

UPDATE: Yes, Amazon Prime says "You can only stream Prime Music on one of your devices at a time."  But that does not address the issue of Amazon Prime Video via ROKU.  Besides, I have made sure that only the ROKU 3 is trying to play Amazon Prime Video and it still won't load.

All help appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
wildsprite
Level 7

Re: ROKU 3 stopped loading Amazon Prime

have you tried restarting the offending Roku and if that doesn't work removing the prime channel then reinstalling it? I have had to do this with a few channels in the past and it fixed the issues I was having

also, their prime music channel doesn't follow the same rules as their Prime video channel does,  the prime music channel allows 1 Roku device connection(not sure about other devices)
the Prime video channel has allowed me to connect quite a few devices and I'm not certain but I think the rule of Prime video is only 1 device per show/movie(this could be wrong, I have not tried this) not sure how many streams allowed but if they are anything like vudu or fandangonow the only limit I have run into is the above 1 deice per show/movie. 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I can't speak to a Roku 3, but I've been using Amazon all day on my Ultra and one of my TVs (not at the same time) with no issue. So there doesn't appear to be a general issue with the channel itself. The next recommended step is to remove the channel (hit * while the channel is selected on the home page), reboot the Roku, then install the channel again. Make sure you don't skip the reboot, or else the uninstall isn't successful. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
streamer
Level 7

Final Update:  20181203:
It is all fixed, thank you.  Even though I had rebooted the ROKU several times, Amazon Prime had continued in its refusal to load.

Thanks to forum members wildsprite and  atc98092, I finally uninstalled, then reinstalled, Amazon Prime.   Amazon Prime began working again "as if it never even happened."  It did not even ask me to log in again!  ROKU or Amazon Issue ???  Could be either and I guess we'll never know.

Now there's peace in my home again  (wife has favorite shows on Amazon).

Thank you.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Amazon is one of the few (only?) channels that has a single sign-in from your Roku account, so you never should have to log into it from the Roku itself. Too bad more channels don't do that. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos