Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bladefallcon
Level 7

RMP Goes back to menu when loading folder

Ok, for several months now I've used Roku Media Player on my Roku TV to watch my movies/tv shows that I have on my media Drive. Everything worked great. It parsed the names weird, and I had to re-do my naming system, but I did, all is well...until now. Suddenly, out of the blue, when I try to open any specific folder on the player, it just goes back to the main TV menu. I can only access my files if I simply tell it to show them all to me...which is over 3k files (not all videos, even though its supposed to only show me videos....) Which makes it a pain in the butt to find the specific file I want....
0 Kudos
5 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: RMP Goes back to menu when loading folder

I'm not seeing this, but I do use a DLNA server and not connect the media directly to the Roku. Did your TV just update to Roku firmware 9.1? and Dale will likely want to know what version RMP you have. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

Hi OP,
There is a problem with the new RMP release and some specific USB files. I'll send a PM to you to request some additional info.
thanks for your patience.
rokudale
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

If there are others having issues with USB playback please post here.
thanks
dale
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

There is a bug in the latest RMP whereby it mishandles files with an @ in the filename. Please contact me via pm if you are affected by this.
thanks
rokudale
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

A new release of RMP is now available for OS 9.1. This should correct the Goes back to menu when loading folder problem. Please update and try it out.
thanks
rokudale
0 Kudos