Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cocotower
Roku Guru

RFLIX.TV Roku Channel is using stolen media links

Check your AWS and CloudFront logs, people!!!!!

Your links are private, but a hacker can sometimes get inside an app to find a root feed that leads to other gold for the criminal.

Beward developers and users that the channel called RFLIX.TV is using media content they stole from other channels' feeds.  Luckily I caught the guy and shut him down for now.  My Amazon bill went from $35 to $980. It's amazing how the referral list for my media has remained clean for 5+ years then suddenly over the past few weeks it skyrocketed under a new entry called "RFLIX.TV". (+1 (657) 215-5437), AfterhoursHD@gmail.com

Rest Assured I will be recovering this from the owner of RFLIX.TV in due time by any means necessary.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
cocotower
Roku Guru

Re: RFLIX.TV Roku Channel is using stolen media links

They made 66 new requests on May 19th to a distribution that isn't included in any feed and only formed from an encryped string at runtime, meaning they're probably packet sniffing while running many Roku channels to obtain free media links.  Nobody seems to care.  Nobody seems to notice.

0 Kudos
rflix
Reel Rookie

Re: RFLIX.TV Roku Channel is using stolen media links

Hi Coco,  we just came across this and had no idea about an issue regarding pirated links.  All our content is acquired by direct communications and rights purchases through various vendors and uploaded manually to ensure no issues with content.  There are no pirated links but please let us know what links are being referenced.  We were not aware of any issues like this.  You can email us anytime or setup a direct call to review anything in question.  Email us at admin@rflix.tv at your earliest convenience as this was never brought to our attention and if we are acquiring content from shady vendors, we need to stop that asap.

0 Kudos