Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robmar0se
Level 7

[RESOLVED] Selecting specific Youtube videos

I am considering acquiring the ROKU Express Smart Streaming Player so that I can watch/listen to Youtube music streams.  It is unclear to me how you select a particular video without having to scroll thru thousands of videos to find the one I want.  Documentation is not specific, further trying to get help from Rocu customer Services is a joke - can't contact anyone via their website, only pre-determined questions - poor
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Selecting specific Youtube videos

Thanks for reaching ou! 

The best source for information about a specific channel (app) on Roku would be the channel provider themselves. Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they would be able to best assist with any questions around features/functionality within their channel. 

That being said, the YouTube channel supports a form of cast functionality using the DIAL protocol. This allows you to initiate playback of a YouTube video from inside their app on a mobile device. 

See more here: www.twitter.com/teamyoutube 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
robmar0se
Level 7

Re: [RESOLVED] Selecting specific Youtube videos

thank you for yr quick response.  This won't do what we want, we have wifi but no smart phone to link the Roku to.

We would probably need a small smart tv with wifi (for the kitchen)..............
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: [RESOLVED] Selecting specific Youtube videos

"robmar0se" wrote:
I am considering acquiring the ROKU Express Smart Streaming Player so that I can watch/listen to Youtube music streams.  It is unclear to me how you select a particular video without having to scroll thru thousands of videos to find the one I want.  Documentation is not specific, further trying to get help from Rocu customer Services is a joke - can't contact anyone via their website, only pre-determined questions - poor

The YouTube app for Roku has a search feature. It also supports Watch Later, Subscriptions, and Playlists, provided you are logged in to your YouTube account on the Roku. It works the same as any other YouTube app for any device, including computers. However you find a video on that device, you can find it on Roku, Apple TV, or smart TVs. The YouTube apps all work the same.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos