Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Micha
Level 7

RCA Roku TV Streaming Channel issues

I have a 2015 RCA Roku Smart TV, and a new Roku streaming stick on another TV. I am able to see all my streaming channels on the TV with the stick, but when I try to download the same channels to my Smart Roku TV I get error messages telling me that the channels are not available for download. Why do they not have the same functions, I have updated the Smart TV device several times?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: RCA Roku TV Streaming Channel issues

"Micha" wrote:
I have a 2015 RCA Roku Smart TV, and a new Roku streaming stick on another TV. I am able to see all my streaming channels on the TV with the stick, but when I try to download the same channels to my Smart Roku TV I get error messages telling me that the channels are not available for download. Why do they not have the same functions, I have updated the Smart TV device several times?

Thank you!

Specifics needed.

What apps?

Where are you? (Country)

What software version and build is on each device? (“Latest” isn’t a good answer. The actual version and build is.)

Are you using a VPN?

Are both devices linked to the same Roku account?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Micha
Level 7

I live in Boston, MA, USA, everything is secured wireless internet through the cable company. And yes, they are on the same account. 

I don't know what Roku model is built into the Smart TV (living room) like I said the TV is a 2015 model, the bedroom has device Roku Express 3900R. 

For example, on the bedroom device, I was able to download the "Direct TV Go" and "Xfinity TV" both Betas, but work fine in the bedroom. These will not download in the living room. Another instance, is I have Hulu with Starz, Starz won't work through Hulu in the living room, but works fine in the bedroom. Also, both ROKU HOME screens are completely different on each device. The bedroom is the latest updated look, the living room never updated. 

I also own a Roku Stick 3500X, I tried hooking this up to the living room and it wouldn't recognize it, I assumed it was because of the built-in device.

Thanks for your replay.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

My first thought is that the TV is old enough that it doesn't support all the latest versions of channels. Older devices don't always support the current channels, and older functional versions of the channels might not be available. But without knowing which ones are causing a problem we can't really tell. You can see the Roku model number in the Settings/About menu. 
When two Roku devices are logged in with the same Roku account, the installed channels are automatically linked and installed. The exception is as noted above, unsupported channels won't be installed. Also, Roku has discontinued support for their older programming language, which made a number of old channels non-functional. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Micha
Level 7

Great, thank you!
0 Kudos
Micha
Level 7

Fixed the problem, by unscrewing the back panel of the TV, taking out the outdated roku stick, buying a new one and putting it in. A lot cheaper fix than buying a new 55” smart TV. Everything works as it should, except the TV remote, but I really don’t need it other than to turn the TV on.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

So you're saying your Roku TV simply has a Roku stick inside the case? That's news to me, and quite surprising. But I'm not going to open up either of mine just to look.  Smiley LOL
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"atc98092" wrote:
So you're saying your Roku TV simply has a Roku stick inside the case? That's news to me, and quite surprising. But I'm not going to open up either of mine just to look.  Smiley LOL

Weren't some of the Roku Ready TVs (remember those?) sold with the MHL Sticks already installed? I seem to recall something like this some years back. Perhaps that was one of those. Or, heck, who knows? Maybe there's a Stick inside if your Roku TV. I'm curious now.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos