Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Qwest channel causes Roku Express to crash during loading

I just installed the Qwest Channel on my Roku Express? (model 3900X). It crashes the player every time I try to watch it. During loading, the swirling circle rotates for a while, then freezes. A minute or so after the circle freezes, the player restarts

Restarted the Roku device.

Reset Network connection.

Removed unused channels

Removed Qwest channel

Reset player

Disconnected player from power

Reinstalled channel.

Launch channel. Player crashes.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 7

Re: Qwest channel causes Roku Express to crash during loading

Same is happening to me on my Roku 3. Have you figured out a fix, or is it just a bad app?

0 Kudos
Level 7

No solution so for. I keep clicking the send feedback option on the app and reporting that it does not load, but I have not heard anything from Rocky. I cannot find a way to request support either. 

Guess I will replace it with a Firestick

0 Kudos
Level 7

There must not be many Qwest TV subscribers on Roku, or there would have been a clamor to fix the apps. ... I have Chromecast, too, so that's how I'm going to watch the jazz. It's just an extra step or two. Still, Roku should acknowledge that there's a problem. 

0 Kudos